Sunday, April 27, 2014

Art Journal for DS4J New Digi Release & Tutorial

 Hi everyone!am happy to share my humble piece of art work with you today. This double art journal spread use hot from the oven digi images. Yes that's right! DigiStamps4Joy has just released new images in the shop this day. This time I decided to do fuzzy cut and if you feel the same too, you can click here to get Flower Frame image the one I used for this project. 
I have also included a step by step tutorial on how I made this art journal. I suggest you have a cuppa by your side as you read this lengthy post.
 Supplies: DS4J digi image (Flower Frame), Elit watercolor, Faber Castell watercolor pencils, Tattered Angel glimmer mist, drywall fiber tape, patterned paper scraps, Kaisercraft acrylic stamp, Versafine ink pad, baby wipes, Artline permanent black pen, bottle cap, home made mod podge, gesso, modeling paste, sequins, gems and sentiment from Ginger's House 
 I made window frame for interest and 3D look.
Here's sharing my step by step tutorial:
This is the third art journal spread in the book and to prevent it from getting so bulky, I removed some pages and save for other projects. I placed the printed digi to mark the page for window frame.
My thanks goes to my daughter Anis who patiently come forward every time I call for help to demonstrate so I can snap pictures {smile}. Slowly cut the frame off the drawn line so you will end up with a slighty bigger frame.
Remove the access for further use.
Start adhering scraps of patterned papers randomly...
and applied a light gesso over the pages.
Thiis is always my favorite part where I love splattering some paints and spritz water to let them run over the gesso. I use baby wipes if I find some parts are too overly colored. I glimmer mist the pages as well and keep on doing until I feel satisfied.
I must have taken 10 pages for the window frame so here's adhering every pages with home made mod podge (equal parts of PVC glue and water mixed together and kept in a bottle).
A black piece of paper is placed for backing on the next page and adhered together with the window framed pages.
Fuzzy cut...patience is so much needed!
Used baby wipe for re-purpose.
Erm, I still can't avoid perfectionism in me so I cut off the access for neatness...hihi.
Coloring often reminds me of my kindergarten days. So much fun!
Behind the scene...teeheehee...can you spot a plate of fried noodle? It was kinda hard to stop when I am focusing but I did stop for a while to feed my poor stomach...{smile}. It's my favorite food and made the dish before I started this project or should I say I should eat first before I started this project...oh well.

Moving on to these challenges to try my luck:
1. 613 Avenue : Anything Goes
2. Addicted To Stamps : Thing With Wings
3. Challenges 4 Everybody : Anything Goes (1/3)
4. Dream Valley : Say It With Words (1/3)
5. Scribble and Scrap : Always Anything Goes
6. Digi Galore : Anything But A Card
7. Crafting At The Weekend : First Challenge Anything Goes (1/3)
8. Card Makin' Mamas : Earth Friendly (I recycle an old encyclopedia to make an art journal book)
9. Docerela Creations : Anything Goes
10. Crafts 4 Eternity : Use Up Some Scraps
11. A Random Fan : Anything Goes (2/5)

I hope you have enjoyed my artistic journey this time. I know I will have another fun project coming up next so stay tune.

I highly appreciate your visit today and I will do my best to come see your creations as time goes by.

Thank you and big hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Great card thanks for joining us a t Crafting at the Weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asmah, I just love your double journal page, I will have to give it a go that is for sure, it looks amazing...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so amazing! I love your work with inks! Thanks for sharing your projet with us at Addicted to Stamp! Hugs, Flo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your project and your coloring is A+.Awesome! I absolutely love the image and the colors you have used. This would make a great gift or keep sake for some lucky person. You have done a wonderful job with it. Just love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. You can enter 3 projects with us for each challenge. Good Luck! Ange DT xxoo

    I have some beautiful Sherri Baldy dies on my blog I'm giving away as Candy, once you join my blog you will be included in the draw. I only 9 new followers away from the first draw for a beautiful Sherri Ann Baldy Frame Die.

    Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

    http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project and thanks for sharing. So many wonderful techniques all on these pages! Will have to try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing !!!
    Beautiful project !!!
    Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Ana -
    www.corujandoartes.blogspot.com.br
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful journal page! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - so gorgeous and breathtaking!!! Love it!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pages you have here...You did a marvelous job and the colors and layers are just wonderful. I totally enjoyed the pictures you shared on the step by step of your creation. Thanks for joining our Challenge last week in my neighborhood---613 Avenue Create! Please join us again for another wonderful Challenge beginning today. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a fab project. Love the details with the layers and colours. Thanks for sharing at
    A Random Fan. Please make sure to follow our simple rules to be in the run for a prize. Bettina DT Member at A Random Fan xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah