Sunday, April 09, 2017

Artsy ATCs @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hello everyone and happy second Sunday of the month.
Sharing my make today is a pair of ATCs once again designed for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil #91. Susanne Rose, Sanna and I bring you our inspirations through our art work this time.
You are seeing butterflies on my end this month because firstly I love them and secondly we at STAMPlorations is having a special Things With Springs blog hop that runs until the end of the month so do not miss the fun and win stamps, dies, and gift certificates.  
 I started the background by applying blue and yellow tempera paste over semi dry clear gesso but it didn't work and dry nicely the way watercolor does. It's my first experiment so I learnt. To fix it up, I patiently dry it up with heat gun. Mistake learnt! Never use tempera paste on semi dry clear gesso...maybe it's just me but you can try and see if it works. No harm trying eh {smile}. Even the Trendy Butterflies stamp from STAMPlorations I used agree with me :)
When completely dried, I started highlight the background with watercolors. That is just my must thing in my projects {chuckle}.
I applied modeling paste through Retro Circles ARTplorations stencil and stamp the sentiment using Art Is STAMPlorations stamp set.
I hope you like my art work this time and may you get some inspirations.
Until next time. Thank you for dropping by.

Hugs and smiles,


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ATC's. I really love the background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!I loved the background, the use of stencil and that pretty butterfly looks fab! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah