Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Forever Always

Hi everyone! Hoping life is treating you well. Just a few days more left to bid March farewell; time flies and this has been a productive month for me and so much looking forward to April and see what challenges lie ahead. Today I come out with a layout as a gift for my husband. We celebrate his birthday on this day; just a simple meal over dinner.

I have no idea what to get him so thought of making something he would be impressed of, lol. Even so, it took me two days to finish because as much as finding a man a present is difficult the same goes with making a masculine layout. I'm happy with the way this turns out eventually.   
 Supplies: Kaisercraft patterned paper+stencil+stamp+rub-on, Martha Stewart border punch, watercolor paints, Alpha gesso & acrylic modeling paste, Prima flower, Versafine black ink pad, black gel pen, drywall tape, homemade heart element, song lyric Nothing At All by Ronan Keating (typed+printed) 

As mentioned earlier, I wanted to partake in some challenges. Firstly, the March Moodboard Challenge at Sassy Scrapper caught my eyes early this month. I love the combination colors that suits my taste very much.
I also play along at The Scrapbook Store for the first time. Have been meaning to do so for so long, this time I don't want to miss it and I made it {{{happiness}}}
Lastly is my take on the typography challenge at Mixed Media Place which is my favorite place to exercise my artwork. Art has always been my number one passion since kindergarten. I'm always happy and stress free when I get to play with watercolors and paints. 
I thought of putting up this youtube video of one of my favorite songs while you take a look at the close-up photos below.
This song means a lot to me. Well don't ask me why {chuckle}. So here are some up-close photos:  
If you think that's a piece of long thread tucked in, no it's not. It's a drywall tape I pull out as long as I like.
 My sister called me up while I was splattering the watercolors above. She always call when I'm up to something!
 I never miss my husband's birthday {sadly sometimes he forgets mine, wargggh}
 Again some pieces of drywall tape. I actually used white threads but threw it away. Too soft and I didn't like it. Drywall tape looks better and macho {teeheehee}.
Can't help falling in love with texture.
 You might wonder why I placed the treble clef? Because music brought us together in 1993. Amir was the Drum Major or Band Master in the varsity brass band and I was a newcomer who played euphonium. We only spent one semester together in the brass band because he graduated soon after leaving me behind to focus on my studies and that lead us to six years long distance relationship until we tied the knot. I believe God has set our destiny for one another through music! 
My love note for my man wasn't smoothly written on a textured surface. My handwriting looks funny, lol. That "With love" is a rub on though.

I hope you have enjoyed my post for today. Thank you for dropping by and reading my story this time. Until I see you again soon. Have a good day and take care.

Hugs and smiles,

6 comments:

  1. Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout with so many gorgeous techniques! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he liked your beautiful gift! Great to have you play along with us at Sassy Scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page with lots of lovely layers! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place Gym!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful page, I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much wonderful detail work here, I hope he loved it. (I'm certain he did!)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah