Monday, July 27, 2015

Art Journal Tutorial @ ARTplorations

{My DT work for ARTplorations}

Hello everyone! Whenever I start doing a journal page, the one thing that I deal with is texture. I must have texture to begin with and I just go with the flow afterwards. Seldom do I plan the style I want, it's never in my head because many times it doesn't work as planned. One thing for sure, texture is plan number one. 

 Supplies used: Bubbles ARTplorations StencilArtsy Border Maker STAMPlorations stamps, Versafine black ink pad, Micia brown ink pad, Alpha gesso &  modeling paste, watercolor paints, Sharpie black pen, black gel pen, white gel pen, serviette tissue, butterfly punch and alpha stamps

 I love making background and this piece of paper end up being heavy duty after adding serviette tissue for texture and coated with gesso.

 While waiting for the background to dry, I draw six petal flowers on a piece of old text book, cut it out, painted and let dry under the sun. Then I doodle the flowers and adhered on the page.
This is the background after I finished playing with colors.
There is a step by step of the process HERE at ARTplorations and a full list of stencils and stamps products which can be sourced at STAMPLlorations Store.

I'm taking my project into these challenges:
1. Mixed Media World : #5 Stencils

Thanks for visiting. Have a good week ahead and happy creating.

Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Asmah thanks for your comments on my work...I just LOVE this and always study what you do and look at all the tutorials at ArtPlorations....awesome work...I may get there one day as well...
    Dad is nearing 103 now and sleeps all the time, I go there each day for hours on end and he is always asleep, feel distressed when I leave...thanks for asking.x
    did you know I have candy...http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/birthday-candy.html

    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah