Saturday, July 01, 2017

Flutter & Fly {Junk Journal} @ MHKDesigns

{My DT work for MHKDesigns}

Hi everyone! Happy July to all. Let us all hope this month brings you the best of life and good health is all we want most of the time and probably some extra cash to put aside for something important eh. Life on my end is gradually returning to routine after spending a week for Eid Mubarak celebration. Today marks the 7th day of Syawal and in my country the celebration still continues with a tradition called open houses by owners. One sets a day for the event and invites families and friends to celebrate the occasion in harmony. This year I don't make open house because my home is always open for a cup of tea {smile}. Okay the truth is we have no plan for it this Syawal, perhaps next year, insyallah.

Enough blab. Let me lead you to MHKDesigns July Challenge. The design team ladies have created such amazing projects to kick start your crafty make.
I came up with my first artwork in my newest junk journal booklet made from brown shopping bag. I will have a tutorial coming soon about the way I made this journal.
I printed and adhered three dragonflies from Flutter and Fly digi stamp set to let them enjoy the colorful background in my journal. This is really a gorgeous set offering you beautiful eight images and five sentiments. Isn't that awesome? 
Here are a few close-up pictures:
I applied some layers of modeling paste on the page several times and used a plastic fork to swipe over the paste to create patterns as seen above. While it dried naturally, I fussy cut the dragonflies.  
When I felt I have completed everything, I knew I needed to add something more. Hence the doodle writing with black gel pen.
I decided to leave the butterflies as is without any coloring except highlighting the edges because they are the main focal point fluttering by to explore this new artsy background I created {chuckle}.
I splattered some white paints for additional interest.
That's it for today. I hope my junk journal gives you some ideas and inspirations to create this weekend. I also look forward to your entry submission at this link by the end of this month. You may create whatever you have based on this graphic below if you don't use MHKDesigns products:
Until I see you again soon and I shall try to make time and visit your blog one of these days. Thank you always for dropping by. I truly appreciate your visit and value your time.

Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. I love this mixed media piece! The dragonflies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! The colours and textures you have created are such a beautiful setting for those lovely dragonflies 😀. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah