Sunday, November 05, 2017

Mixed Media Art Journal @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Happy Sunday friends! Wishing you well over the weekend and may your tomorrow be filled with blessings and joy.
I am back again today bringing you my art journal as part of my design team work for STAMPlorations and today is the start of a new mixed media challenge that runs the entire month. My teammates have created amazing projects to inspire you to create mixed media project and hopefully you will play along with us. No card please but anything else is just superb with one main element must be used: any kind of stencil/s {smile}.

I created a combination of elements in my art journal using stencils and stamps products that are available here.   
Some close-up pictures:
 I stamped a cup of roses directly on the gesso-ed pages. I also made masking to stamp more roses on top of each other so they look like a bed of roses. I even welcome trendy butterflies to my little garden of roses so the flying creatures can enjoy nature at its best.
 For texture and random patterns, I swiped modeling paste through delicate links and circular two stencils. I loved how the two settled perfectly on the pages and let dry naturally.
 I wanted additional interest at the corners so I adhered a ply of serviette tissue with homemade clear gesso.
 Lastly I splatter black paint once the chosen watercolors which I let drip and run on the surface dried completely.
I'm pretty excited to read your comments on my art work this time. Hopefully this project gives you an inspiration to create something sweet.

~~~ooOOoo~~~
Do join us at November Mixed Media Challenge and don't forget to include this graphic below in your blog post to be eligible for the prize if you are the winner.

 Looking for special price?
Just mention my name when you shop at STAMPlorations.
That's it for today. Until I see you again real soon.
Thank you for your time dropping by my blog.
Happy Sunday and best wishes from me. 

Hugs and smiles,

1 comment:

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah